Hydrogen Sulfide Diffusion Tubes
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) pollution is associated with an unpleasant odour, as are many other pollutants.
Diffusion tubes are an inexpensive way of determining the chemical cause of the odour and are easy to use, requiring no specialist skills. Sampling periods are 2-4 weeks, and therefore the tubes are used to detect the long-term presence of hazardous Hydrogen sulphide gas. Hydrogen sulfide can be detected at low levels – detection limits are in the low parts per billion range.
Sources of Hydrogen sulfide pollution:
- Breakdown of organic materials – agriculture, sewage treatment, landfill, swamps.
- Waste treatment or disposal.
- Industrial – e.g. Paper mills.
- Natural gas.
Potential implications of Hydrogen sulfide (H2S) pollution:
- Unpleasant odor.
- Eye irritation.
- Respiratory irritation.
Each (includes prepaid analysis)
Call or e-mail for pricing
- Boundary monitoring of agricultural and industrial facilities, sewage treatment plants and landfills to test for potential odour problems.
- Indoor air monitoring in treatment facilities.
- Ambient air monitoring around natural sources.
- Indoor air monitoring to identify the cause of health complaints.
DIF200RTU-RA – Hydrogen sulphide diffusion tube with analysis
DIF1000 – Push-in plastic fixing clip
DIF2000 – 360mm fixing strap
DIF2001 – 760mm fixing strap
DIFSHLTR-S – Shelter for up to 3 tubes (optional)
Analysis is carried out in our UKAS accredited laboratories. Results are provided within 10 working days or can be fast-tracked by arrangement.