Viton® is a proprietary type of fluoroelastomer rubber, manufactured by DuPont Industries.
Viton® has one of the broadest ranges of chemical resistance in industry.
We use Viton® B grade, which is regarded as an ideal type for peristaltic pump use. This combines excellent flexibility with high chemical resistance and anti-ageing properties over a wide range of environmental conditions.
Viton® B is specified as a terpolymer of vinylidene fluoride, hexafluoropropylene and tetrafluoroethylene and has a higher fluid resistance than Viton® A.
Viton® B is not a medical class material, and the resultant extruded tubing is ideal for many industrial applications involving acids and oils.
Viton Tubing Bridge Charts
Viton® Tubing General Product Information
- DuPont Viton® B Fluoroelastomer
- Industrial & Laboratory
- Ideal for Fuel and Oil Lines
- Aromatic Oils
- Exceptional Chemical Resistance
- Excellent Flexibility
- Wide Temperature Range
- Good Peristaltic Pumping Characteristics
- Excellent Anti-Ageing Properties
- Environmentally Tough
- -20°C to +200°C (-4°F to +392°F)
- Not Recommended
- 60 Shore A
- 70A on 6mm ID and above
Elongation at Break
- 150% – 250%
- Viton® is a Registered Trade Mark of DuPont Industries