PVC – Solva Tubing
Solva forms part of Ormantine’s range of small bore tubing to meet a wide variety of applications. Its solvent resistant characteristic allows it to be used for aromatic oils, solvents, petroleum compounds, inks and many other applications. It is also phthalate-free, meeting the modern requirements of tubing under REACH regulation.
Solva exhibits comparable chemical resistance properties to Viton tubing, but is more competitively priced due to the use of PVC material. The PVC contains as TOTM plasticiser which maintains the integrity of Solva during the transport of oils. Solva also exhibits very low gas permeability.
Solva is flexible tubing, translucent for the visual confirmation of flow, but bright yellow to distinguish from standard PVC materials. As with our other tubing ranges, it is manufactured to offer excellent pumping life and wide compatibility with popular pumping systems.
Solva is available as bridged tubing or in reels of transmission tubing. We also now offer flared ends to allow an easy connection to be made between tubes. Find out more about Flared Tubing.
We also offer PVC tubing that is equivalent to other pump manufacturers ranges.
The material contains no Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs) as classified by the REACH environmental regulation.
PVC – Solva Tubing Bridge Charts
PVC – Solva Tubing General Product Information
- Solvent Resistant Pthalate-free Medical grade PVC, highly extraction resistant
- Polyvinyl Chloride (modified)
- Pharmaceutical and laboratory use
- Industrial uses, e.g. transportation of inks and oils
- Ideal for Peristaltic pump use
- Movement of solvents and aromatic oils
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Very high resistance to petrol, oils, aromatic oils and esters
- High molecular weight modified PVC compound
- Compounded components are tightly bonded to reduce the possibility of leaching
- Excellent pumping life
- Good Handling Characteristics
- Very low permeability
- Medical grade and Phthalate-Free
- -50°C to +74°C (-58°F to +165°F)
- Ethylene Oxide
- 61 Shore A
Elongation at Break
- Modified to reduce Zinc content
- Modified for low UV absorption
- Solva meets the requirements of both USP Class VI Pharmacopeia and BS2463, due to its recipe of approved ingredients, however this material has not been submitted for formal certification.