Santoprene® exhibits many similar properties to Silicone tubing but at a more competitive price. Its characteristics include very good chemical resistance to fluids such as alcohols, ozone, aqueous systems and corrosive aqueous systems. Furthermore Santoprene® exhibits good flow consistency for peristaltic pump applications and low friction to abrasive materials. It performs well under vacuum conditions.
This is tough tubing, showing good anti-ageing properties in harsh weather, sunshine and saline applications. Its operational temperature range is wide and it exhibits excellent environmental stability under changing temperatures.
Santoprene® is a thermoplastic elastomer developed by ExxonMobil Corporation. It is available in a range of hardness grades – 64 Shore A offers the most effective tubing for small-bore peristaltic pump use. It is latex-free and the material contains no Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs) as classified by the REACH environmental regulation.
We also offer Santoprene® tubing that is equivalent to other pump manufacturers ranges.
Santoprene Tubing Bridge Charts
Santoprene Tubing General Product Information
- Medical Grade Thermoplastic Rubber
- Medical, Pharmaceutical, Laboratory & Industrial
- For use with Peristaltic Pumps
- Good Chemical Resistance, Flexible and Strong
- Good Handling Characteristics
- Abrasion Resistant, Non-Toxic
- Excellent Pumping Life
- -50°C to +135°C (-58°F to +275°F)
- Gamma Irradiation
- Autoclave (Unbridged Tubing)
- 64 Shore A
- Other hardness grades to special order
Elongation at Break
- Meets USP Class VI US Pharmacopoeia Approved and Certified FDA Approved DMF No17690
- Santoprene ® is a Registered Trade Mark of Advanced Elastomer Systems, L.P.