PVC – Solva Tubing
Solva forms part of Ormantine’s range of small bore tubing to meet a wide variety of applications. Its solvent resistant characteristic allows it to be used for aromatic oils, solvents, petroleum compounds, inks and many other applications. It is also phthalate-free, meeting the modern requirements of tubing under REACH regulation.
Solva exhibits comparable chemical resistance properties to Viton tubing, but is more competitively priced due to the use of PVC material. The PVC contains as TOTM plasticiser which maintains the integrity of Solva during the transport of oils. Solva also exhibits very low gas permeability.
Solva is flexible tubing, translucent for the visual confirmation of flow, but bright yellow to distinguish from standard PVC materials. As with our other tubing ranges, it is manufactured to offer excellent pumping life and wide compatibility with popular pumping systems.
Solva is available as bridged tubing or in reels of transmission tubing. We also now offer flared ends to allow an easy connection to be made between tubes. Find out more about Flared Tubing.
We also offer PVC tubing that is equivalent to other pump manufacturers ranges.
The material contains no Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs) as classified by the REACH environmental regulation.
PVC – Solva Tubing General Product Information
- Solvent Resistant Pthalate-free Medical grade PVC, highly extraction resistant
- Polyvinyl Chloride (modified)
- Laboratory and Industrial
- For use on Peristaltic Pumps, with Solvent and Aromatic Oils
- Good Chemical Resistance
- Excellent Pumping Life
- Good Handling Characteristics
- Low Permeability
- -50°C to +74°C (-58°F to +165°F)
- Ethylene Oxide
- 64 Shore A
Elongation at Break
- Meets USP Class VI and BS2463. Including Low Zinc Content & Low UV Absorption. Meets all US Pharmacopoeia requirements for approval